I’m hella late but happy NEW YEAR or as they say in France BONNE ANNÉE! And when is it really too late to say happy new year?
2014 is already off to a great start and I have so much energy; positive energy fueling me. Paris is what I needed to recharge!
All I wanted to was to be in a space where I could love, get lost, discover, stroll, people watch, and make connections… All of which, I did and more.
I did a fair amount of journaling during my trip and I made some quirky observations along the way such as:
– It is quite easy to get into a sticky situation in Paris.
– Men seem to not give up their seats to women on public transportation in Paris. I thought it is the gentlemanly thing to do but…
– Parisians seem fascinated by Black American music. And dining was a pleasure because of the music.
– People really don’t trip if you can’t speak French but knowing a few key phrases certainly helps.
– Orange-ginger-caramel chews basically taste like good sex. The kind of sex that’s so good that you call out your own name. Everyone should know this pleasure.
– If you get lost while walking, fuck it, just keep walking and consider it an adventure. You’ll eventually find your way.
– Uneven pavement and sidewalks in Paris are killer on my ankles.
– When you see a group of gypsies, do not make eye contact with any of them and protect your pockets.
– Many African women in Paris love scary looking drawn on eyebrows.
– Paris is the city that sleeps. If you’re out past 12, be prepared to hunt hard for a cab or walk.
– Strolling down the Champs-Élysées while listening to “Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe” is pretty awesome.
– Enjoy with passion all that you want. Love… Art… Exploration…
– It’s OK to let go of the things that complicate your life.
– You’re never too old to make new friends in strange dark places.