I posted this recipe about 5 years ago here. Last time, I photographed the end result with my DSLR. This time around, I used my iPhone 5 & Camera+, my favorite camera app for the iPhone.
I randomly found myself at a Mexican grocery store over the weekend in Detroit and found some AWESOME bargains on fresh produce so I went nuts and got a serious load of tomatillos for only 2 bucks and made this delicious sauce for my chicken enchiladas that I planned for dinner on Sunday.
Perfection all the way around!
– 2 lbs Tomatillos (roasted)
– 5 Cloves of garlic (minced)
– 2 Jalapeño peppers (halved & seeded)
– Lime (Juice)
– Cilantro (handful)
– Tequila (teaspoon)
– ½ Vidalia or sweet white onion
– Cut each tomatillo in half and place cut side down baking sheet
– (Optional) Drizzle a little olive oil (very little) & salt over your tomatillos
– Place your tray in the oven on broil for about 4-6 minutes or until the skins get a light/golden brown
– Once down broiling drain most of the juice & allow your roasted tomatillos time to cool
Back to the Salsa:
– In a food processor (or blender) add your roasted tomatillos & other ingredients then pulse until you get your desired texture
– Take a sip of the teaspoon of tequila then add the rest to your fresh ingredients
– Once you are satisfied with your salsa texture, salt & pepper to taste
– Allow your concoction to chill then serve with your favorite tortilla chips