Yesterday on the drive home I was listening to “All Things Considered” on NPR like I do most days. If you are a NPR listener, you know all about “driveway moments,” so lets just say that I had the worst driveway moment ever.
My driveway moment started after anchor Robert Siegal, in haste noted that singer Michael Jackson was rushed to the hospital after being found unconscious from possible cardiac arrest.
As I sat in my car, I screamed nooooooooooooo! I knew that he had died. I felt it! Not only that, after a cardiac arrest, survivability chances are very slim to none.
With that on my mind, I continued to sit in my car dumbfounded & lost. It took me almost an hour to make it into the house. I felt like I just couldn’t move at all.
Once I collected myself a little, I took to Twitter for more info & to share my thoughts.
When I started to share my thoughts & collect information, the rest of the world must have also done the same thing because Twitter was hardly moving.
Here are some of my tweets from the time that I got the news till the time I was finally able to go to sleep.
- OMG, is Michael Jackson gone?
- Please don’t tell me I need to pull out my pleather Thriller Jacket. Please……
- In my best Florida Evans voice “Damn! Damn! Damn!” I don’t care what they have said, I loved MJ, well B4 alleged molestations & whitening.
- Mom just called & told me Michael Jackson was dead & she said & Farah too. I said fuck Farah. MJs death trumps all. This is major!
- I lost my virginity on a red velvet couch listening to the “Off The Wall” album. #michaeljackson
- [Updated at 3:15] Pop star Michael Jackson was pronounced dead by doctors this afternoon after arriving at a hospital… LA Times.
- Michael Jackson’s death is crippling Twitter. Could Twitter be the unheard of 4th death this week?
- My 10 year old just asked me what Michael Jackson’s last words were. Kids think of everything.
- People talked a lot of shit about MJ, but I’ll tell you what, the world is mourning this man. The fucking world! #bitchesalwaystalkshit
- Am I the only one fighting back a teary breakdown? I’m a mess right now!
- When I was a kid, I asked my mom if MJ used the bathroom. She said of course, he’s human like you & me. I thought he was so much more.
- Tired of how the news is talking about all of MJs legal issues. How about we focus on what he meant to ppl & not scandal. #dissedevenindeath
- If I had a bedazzler, I would be making me a MJ glove like right now.
- Taking a break from my MJ death watch. Great news! Getty Images wants 10 more of my photos. Got my Kool Aid on boo! #imgoodatwhatidobitch
- Typing a blog post & listening to “Liberian Girl.” Naku penda piya-naku taka Piya-mpenziwe. #michaeljackson
- Bout to call it a night, but before I do, I have to listen to “I Cant Help It.” My favorite Michael Jackson song.
- “I cant help it if I wanted to I wouldn’t help it even if I could I cant help it if I wanted to I wouldn’t help it no no no.” I wont cry. #liar
- If I had a Wave Nouveau, I would comb the shit out of my baby hair tomorrow & stunt on them hoes in the board meeting.
To get a clue as to how popular this unfortunate this story is in terms of Twitter & the internet, read this. It will also clue you into the relevance of the image above if you are not familiar with Twitter & a little more.