So I went to the early release of the new James Bond/007 flick “Quantum of Solace” the other night.
When I got to the theater, I was tripping on how so many other movie geeks came out for this midnight show. 2 of the 3 showings were sold out & I got there just in time to get a ticket.
After I got my ticket, I headed for the concessions stand for a large mixed icee. I mean what movie experience is complete without a large mixed icee???
Anyway, after watching like 30 minutes of dumb movie commercials & previews, flick began with a roaring & breath taking car chase scene, perhaps one of the most exciting in the history of the 007 series. During this scene, the audience was audibly grunting & sighing with each gunshot & crash.
After this intense scene, the opening credits rolled & I was disappointed with the song; sorry Alicia Keys. And the graphics were not all that exciting either.
By the time the credits finished my icee was half gone & I had to pee but I could not move because a) the theater was too packed & b) I did not want to miss anything.
I’m actually going to stop this review here because I’m bored & exhausted thinking about it. But before I break, here are a few points.
- You really need to watch “Casino Royale” again so that you can follow the sub plot in this latest installment or you will be a bit lost.
- “Quantum of Solace” is great if you are in the mood for kick ass action that will leave you wishing you could rewind right quick.
- For the 2nd film in a row, there are no cool gadgets. Yes, I know that this is a prequel but I do not care, I want gadgets dammit.
- Daniel Craig still sucks as James Bond. He is too cold acting, is not debonair. I am just not getting that vibe that I get from any of the former 007’s. He does not make me want to be him & he is so not a ladies man.
- Race watchers, there is a virtual “Black Out” in this film. I spotted one Negro (Jeffrey Wright’s Felix Leiter character).
- Judi Dench is still the shit.
- “Golden Eye” is still my favorite 007 film & it has the best intro song, only because Tina Turner is singing it.
If, you’ve seen it, what re your thoughts about it & Daniel Craig. And did you hear that he wants to see a Black James Bond (anybody other than Taye Diggs please!)???