Why I’m not getting the new iPhone 3g:
- I’m broke
- I would have to sign another 2 year contract
- I would be forced to get the new 3g service plan, which is 10 dollars more & 5 bucks if you want a minimum pf 200 text messages. So with both, that brings the data package to 35 bucks on top of your minute plan
- The only difference in the new iPhone vs the old is GPS capability & that is not something that I need
- The software upgrade 2.0 is available for my current iPhone so I get some of the same things just maybe slower in terms of using AT&T’s network
- I don’t want to spend another 200 bucks on a disposable item
So for the record, AT&T is a bitch! Today I spent 10 minutes on the phone with a sales person trying to figure out my bill & minute plan. My minute plan is 59.99 per month for 900 minutes & I had early nights & weekends, which is 8.99 per month (now cancelled). I also found out that I have like 6000 roll over minutes. The real kicker is that I’m paying over 10 bucks in taxes!!!!!! I guess I need to start reading my bill. I tried to get a cheaper plan but the next step down was 450 minutes for 39.99 per month, which is not enough because my average over the last 4 months was 407. Basically I could get ate alive in overage fees & I am not willing to risk that. So I will continue to get raped by AT&T until this damn contract is up. ………….
I am however, going to get the Mobile Me service offered by Apple. It looks cool & worth the 100 bucks for convenience. With all this said, I still have the right to back peddle & get the iPhone 3g.