This is a follow-up to my “Fruits & Veggies“post.
Sorry I don’t measure, I just do what it do. If you try it, just use some common damn sense.
– 2 Artichokes (I used purple)
– 1 Lemon
– Sea salt (I prefer coarse)
– Cut top quarter of artichoke off, cut stem off & cut the tips of each petal
– Boil 3 inches of salted (to taste) water & add slices of the lemon
– Place the artichokes into boiling salted water for 45 minutes with the top pointing up the cover. Be sure to monitor your water. (This is basically a steam cooking.)
– Once artichokes are done, place them on a paper towel upside down to allow for draining & cooling.
At this point you can quarter & enjoy them with a little fresh lemon juice, black pepper. I chose to enjoy them with some fresh citrus basil dressing & Gorgonzola cheese.
– EVOO (I know you know what this is!!!)
– Balsamic vinegar
– 1 Nice sized lime
– Sea salt
– Black pepper (use fresh, don’t be tacky)
– Honey (or sugar)
– Red pepper flakes
– Juice lime into your food processor (or blender)
– Pour in about a half-cup of EVOO
– Pour in a few big drops of balsamic vinegar
– Add in a few shakes of red pepper flakes
– Add at least 6 basil leaves
– Add a dollop or two of hone
– Salt & pepper to taste
– Pulse food processor (or blender) for about 20 seconds or until ingredients are blended well
Once the dressing is done, spoon over the artichoke generously soaking the heart. Add a little Gorgonzola as a side & enjoy.
I have not done a Bygbaby Cooks in a while & I had fun reviving the series. I hope you try this one. It’s nice & fresh, whcih makes it perfect for summertime!