Cucumber salad is one of my favorite Thai snacks! It’s light, fresh, packed with flavor, virtually fat free & best of all easy to make.
- 1 whole cucumber (I prefer the English Hothouse variety)
- 1 shallot
- A couple of red [bell] pepper slivers
- A few cilantro stems
- Fresh ½ lime juiced
- Couple of pinches of salt
- Couple of Pinches of sugar
- A few dashes of white vinegar
- A little water
- Thinly slice cucumber
- Chop pepper slivers
- Finely mince cilantro
- Coarsely mince shallot
- Mix wet & dry ingredients until dry ingredients are dissolved
- Add veggies to the wet mixture & toss
- Serve salad chilled & enjoy!
I garnished with a few sesame seeds & some fresh cracked pepper & it was off the chain.
Why am I posting this? Well because I fucked up on my diet but not bad over the past 2 weeks. I am getting back on track this week so that I can get past this 16lb weight loss. I have major work to do to make my 20lb goal by month end.
BTW: I’m an old school cook & just like my mother, I measure nothing. When it looks right/smells right/feels right, I know its good to go.