Going to Whole Foods is always a fun trip but as anyone who shops there, it can break yo’ ass & today was no exception for me.
I simply stopped in to pick up a salad for lunch & next thing I know, I’m at the register with purple artichokes, pomegranates & an $18water SIGG water bottle (what the fuck was I thinking???).
The fruit & veggies were of course to eat but really for me to get some cool photographs. Now when I see certain fruits or veggies, especially ones that are not totally common, I think about how I could compose them for a shot.
Anyway, here is my hard earned money at work.
We will be having pomegranates for desert tonight & the artichokes with dinner tomorrow.
Pomegranates: Did You Know:
- Exodus 28:33–34 directed that images of pomegranates be woven onto the borders of Hebrew priestly robes
- The Qur’an mentions pomegranates three times (6:99, 6:141, 55:068) — twice as examples of the good things God creates, once as a fruit found in the Garden of Paradise
- The Moors (Yes, Negroes) who brought the seedy fruit to Spain round 800 A.D.
- Spanish Padres are credited with bringing pomegranates to California in 1769
Artichokes: Did You Know:
- Purple artichokes are more nutritious than their green counterpart.
- Artichokes are native to the Mediterranean basin
- California claims to be the “Artichoke Capital of the World.”
- Total crop value of artichokes for the 2002-2003 crop season was almost $50 million
I love marinated artichokes on fresh green salads.