Tonight I was clearing off my camera’s memory card when I discovered that I may really have a problem. As I was clearing off images I counted 25 pictures of myself that I took at various times in the last 2 weeks. So I am thinking that maybe I am a narcissist as I have been told many times by many people.
Some of the pictures I took were to test some of the camera’s features but then I got into I guess & had a self photoshoot.
After I added up what I had on my new camera, I looked at the images on my older memory card & counted 15 photos of myself & lastly I looked at what I had taken with my laptops camera & I will not even begin to list the number.
Am I really suffering from a narcissist personality disorder??? Am I that in love with damn self that I need to take all of these miscellaneous snapshots.
I just checked Wikipedia & they have the criteria for NPD & maybe I’m in trouble.
At least five of the following are necessary for a diagnosis so…
- Has a grandiose sense of self-importance
- Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
- Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by other special people
- Requires excessive admiration
- Strong sense of entitlement
- Takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
- Lacks empathy
- Is often envious or believes others are envious of him or her
- Arrogant affect
To be honest I think like 5 of these apply to me so what do I do? How many of these criterion apply to you, no need to list which ones because I am ashamed to admit what may apply to me.